Logging in to Pisell
You can log in to Pisell on desktop, or by using the Pisell app for iPhone or Android.
Log in to Pisell.
If you enter an incorrect password during login, then you'll be asked to verify that you are not a robot on your next login attempt. You'll also be asked to complete verification steps if your browser is in private or incognito mode, or if you cleared your browsing history since your last login to Pisell. You need to wait for all images to load in each verification step before you click Verify.
For information about resetting your password, see Resetting your password. If you forget the email use to log in to Pisell, then contact support.
Log in to your Pisell admin on desktop
- Go to your Pisell login page.
- Enter your store domain or your custom store domain and click Next.
If you've forgotten your store name, click Forgot store and enter your email address. You'll receive an email with a list of all stores associated with that email address.
- Enter your email and click Continue.
- Enter your password and click Log in.
If you've logged in to your store on the same device before, then your store might already be listed on the login page. In that case you can log in by selecting your store, and you won't be prompted again to enter your email address.
You can reset your login password if you forget it, or if you want to keep your account more secure. If you're the store owner, then you can reset your own password and initiate your staff's password reset.
The steps to reset a password are the same with two-step authentication enabled.
To see more videos, visit our YouTube channel.
On this page
Reset your forgotten password
- From the Pisell login page, enter your store address and click Next.
- Enter your login email and click Next.
- Click Forgot password?.
- Enter the email that you used to create your Pisell account.
- Click Reset password.
- You're sent an email with a link to reset your password. In the email, click Reset password.
- Enter your new password in the Confirm password field.
- Click Reset password.
- Go back to your Pisell login page and log in with your new password.
Reset your password
- From your Pisell admin, click your username and account picture.
- Click Manage account.
- Click Security > Change your password.
- The password-reset screen opens. Enter your current password and a new password.
Each of your passwords should be unique. Don't use the same password for more than one account, even if the accounts are related.
- Enter your new password again in the Confirm password field.
- Click Change password.
- Go to your Pisell login page and log in with your new password.
Reset staff passwords
- From your Pisell admin, click Settings, and then click Users and permissions.
- Click the name of the staff.
- In the RESET PASSWORD section, click Email instructions. The staff receives an email with instructions on how to reset their password.
Switching between Pisell stores
When you have multiple Pisell stores associated with the same email address, you can navigate between them after you log in to your Pisell admin.
Keep track of multiple stores
The store switcher contains the Pisell stores where you have an account with the same email address.
For Pisell Plus, stores are grouped in the store switcher by business (based on Pisell contracts).
To help make your stores more secure, you need to verify your email address (as well as those of your staff) for each store. When your email is verified on a store, you can switch to other stores.
The store switcher doesn't include any stores that are frozen, paused, or closed. If you re-activate a frozen, paused, or closed store, then you'll see that store in the store switcher dropdown list.
Assign different permissions to users in different stores
Account permissions and other account settings are specific to a store. When you change stores using the store switcher, you are logged in using the account that you have in that store.
If you use a Pisell ID, then when you change or reset your password, your login to every store is updated. If you use a separate login for each store, then when you change or reset your password, only your login for that store is updated.
Your permissions are set and maintained in each store. You can assign different permissions to staff depending upon what they need to do in a store. For example, you could grant staff the permission to edit products in store A, but not in store B.
Support for two-step authentication and external login services
The store switcher supports both two-step authentication and external logins using GSuite.
If you have enabled these features for your store, then you can be asked for your passcode (two-step authentication) or to log into your external service (GSuite) when you navigate to a store.
On this page
Add stores to your Pisell app store list
Before you can switch stores in the Pisell app, you need to add stores to your store list.
- From the Pisell app, tap Store.
- Tap the store name, and then tap Add or remove stores.
- Select which stores you want to add by tapping the toggle button.
Now you can use the store switcher to change between stores.
Using the store switcher to change between stores
You can use the store switcher to navigate to stores where you have accounts with the same email address.
Before you begin:
Make sure that your email address is the same across your stores. You also need to verify your email address for each store.
- Log in to the Pisell admin of one of your stores.
- Click the name of your store and select a different store to view.
Your Pisell admin now shows the store that you chose.
Troubleshooting and limitations
The following is a list of some common issues that can occur when you use the store switcher to navigate between your stores:
Why is one of my stores missing?
If your store switcher dropdown list is missing a store, then check that your account in that store uses the same email address as your other stores. The store switcher uses your email address to identify the stores where you have accounts.
Why do I keep being asked to verify my email address?
If your email address is not verified on a store, you're asked to verify it (even if you've already verified it on another one of your stores). You need to complete the verification steps for each store associated with an email address. After the email address is verified on all your stores, you can switch to other stores and won't be prompted to verify again. Learn how to verify your email address.
Why do I always have to re-enter my password?
If you have a Pisell Plus store where you haven't verified your email address, then when you select it from the store switcher you're asked for its password. Learn how to verify your email address.
Why can I only see 500 stores?
500 stores is the maximum amount that can be displayed in the menu. If you have more than 500 stores in your organization, then you can use the search feature to switch to a store that isn't listed.
- Verifying your email address
- Logging into your store
Setting up a Pisell ID
A Pisell ID (also known as single login, single sign-on, or SSO) includes your email address and a password. You use your Pisell ID to log in to all the stores, programs, and resources on Pisell to which you have access. A Pisell ID belongs to an individual user, and not to a store. Each user must create and use their own Pisell ID to access any store, Pisell Compass, the Partner Dashboard, or the Pisell Community forums.
It takes only a moment to review your stores and set up your Pisell ID. After the setup is complete, you will use this email address and password any time you log in.
On this page
Benefits of a Pisell ID
The Pisell ID simplifies logging in, and offers the following benefits:
- You can switch between your stores faster.
- You can log in less often.
- You have only one password to remember for all Pisell products.
All staff need to set up a Pisell ID for their own individual accounts. They'll be prompted to do so when they log in.
Using a Pisell ID does not affect the following:
- Access to Pisell POS; staff still use a PIN to log in.
- Store settings or Partner Dashboard settings.
- Customer accounts.
Before you start
You are only prompted to set up a Pisell ID if you use the same email address for more than one store, program, or resource. To see which email address you use for a store, check your account settings. Make sure that you use the same email address for any store, program, or resource that you want to access with the same Pisell ID.
- If you use the same email address for stores that you don't want to include in the Pisell ID, then you should use a different email address for those stores. A good way to double check this is by reviewing your list of stores in the store switcher. This is the same as the list of stores that you see when you set up the Pisell ID.
- If you currently share login credentials with your staff, or if staff share login credentials with each other, then make sure that you send all staff an invitation to create their own Pisell ID. It’s important for your store security that all staff have their own Pisell ID. Otherwise, staff who have your Pisell ID login credentials will effectively have store owner permissions to all your stores that you log in to with that ID.
- If you use a password manager, then make sure that you have access to its settings so that you can update your password, if necessary.
- If you have enabled two-step authentication, then make sure that you still have access to the phone number or authenticator application that you used. Authentication is required as part of the Pisell ID setup process.
- If you have an unverified email address, then you need to verify your email before you set up a Pisell ID.
If necessary, you can make changes to staff in your Pisell admin at Settings > Users and permissions.
Set up a Pisell ID
After you've set up a Pisell ID, it is not easy to go back to separate logins, or to remove a store from the Pisell ID. Make sure that before you start, you change the email addresses for the stores that you don't want to include when you set up the Pisell ID.
- Log in to a Pisell store that shares the same email address as your other stores.
- After you log in, you're presented with a list of stores and services that are associated with that email address. Review the stores to make sure that you want to set up a Pisell ID for all the stores.
- Click Set up Pisell ID.
- Enter your current password for that store.
If you have two-step authentication set up for some stores that are associated with this email address, then you need to authorize these stores before proceeding.
- Create a new password. This email and password combination is the one that you use to log in to all the stores that are included in the Pisell ID.
- Recommended: Set up two-step authentication for your Pisell ID. This is the best method to ensure that your store remains secure.
After you complete these steps, you use the Pisell ID to log in to your Pisell stores, programs, and resources.
Fatima works at StoreCo, and has staff permissions for three different Pisell stores: StoreCo1, StoreCo2, and StoreCo3.
When Fatima logs into StoreCo3, she sees the prompt to set up a Pisell ID. After Fatima completes the process, she has one Pisell ID with a single email and password combination that she can use to access all three stores.
|StoreCo1, StoreCo2, StoreCo3firstname.lastname@example.org||c0mb1inedpassword|
Add a new store to your existing Pisell ID
When you create a new store by using the email address that you've already used for a Pisell ID, you can add or merge your login information for your new store.
If you want to use your existing login credentials to log in to the new store, then enter the password for your new store. If you want to use a different login for your new store, then click Remind me later to log in to your store without merging your stores. After you've logged in to your store, you can change your email address settings on the Settings > Users and permissions in your Pisell admin.
I only have one store. Does this affect me at all?
Yes, though no action will be required on your part. If you have only one store, then a Pisell ID is created for it automatically. This means that if you add new stores and services in the future, then you can use the same Pisell ID to access them.
If you have one store, but you also use other programs or resources, such as Pisell Partners or Pisell Community, then you are prompted to create a Pisell ID.
How do I know which stores will be accessed by a Pisell ID?
The stores that appear in your store switcher can be accessed by using a Pisell ID.
If you haven't set up your Pisell ID, yet, you will have the opportunity to review a list of stores when you are prompted to set up a Pisell ID.
Can I exclude stores from being accessed by a Pisell ID?
Yes. When you're prompted to set up a Pisell ID, you can exclude stores by clicking … next to the store name. You can then change the email address for the excluded store to a different email address. You can also skip stores for which you cannot complete two-step authentication.
However, if you want to exclude a store because you're no longer staff, remove your own account from the store before you set up a Pisell ID.
My list is missing a store. How can I add it to a Pisell ID?
If your list is missing a store, that means it’s associate with another email address. After you finish setting up your Pisell ID for your other stores, then you can add a missing store to your Pisell ID.
Will my orders, products, or billing settings be combined, too?
No. All the information within your Pisell admins remains separate and unchanged. Your Pisell ID only affects your login credentials. This includes your username, password, and two-step authentication settings.
Will this change my staff permissions?
No. The permissions that you've granted your staff are still granted on a store-by-store basis. The Pisell ID does not grant your staff any additional permissions.
If you share your Pisell ID with other people, then they can access anything that your Pisell ID has access to. We recommend that you keep your Pisell ID private and secure, and never share it with anyone else.
What if more than one staff shares the same account?
Before you remove the shared staff account, create a separate account for each active staff. Partners should use a collaborator account.
Can I skip this process?
No. As of March 2020, you won't be able to log in to your store until you set up your Pisell ID.
How do I log in after setting up a Pisell ID?
After you've set up a Pisell ID, you use the email address and the password that you chose to log into all stores that use that email address. You can also use this email address and password to log into other Pisell resources.
If I use a password manager, how will this affect me?
As part of the Pisell ID setup process, you're prompted to choose a new password for your Pisell store. You'll need to make sure that this is updated in your password manager. In most cases, your password manager should prompt you to update your password. If the password manager that you use is managed by someone else, you might need to speak to the person who is responsible for the password manager to have the password updated.
Can I set up a Pisell ID on behalf of my staff?
In most cases, no. Setting up a Pisell ID requires a user password, so typically this isn't possible. The exception to this would be if you manage the user passwords and your staff uses a password manager to log in.
Can I require my staff to use multi-factor authentication?
No. Staff can't be forced to use two-step authentication.
Can I remove staff from a store if the accounts are no longer active?
Yes. Store owners can remove any staff, and staff can remove their own.
- Logging in to Pisell
- Managing your Pisell account
- Enabling two-step authentication