You can use the Facebook channel to sync your products to a catalog on Facebook and Instagram, so that you can sell on Facebook Shop and Instagram Shopping. You can also use the Facebook channel to create marketing activities directly from Pisell.
In this section
- Facebook channel quick guide
- Setting up the Facebook channel
- Verifying your domain with the Facebook channel
- Publishing products on the Facebook channel
- Checkout methods for the Facebook channel
Facebook channel quick guide
The Facebook channel lets you sell on both Facebook and Instagram while also providing you with important insights into your ad performance and customers.
To use the Facebook channel, your store needs to be on the Basic Pisell plan or higher. Before you can start using the Facebook channel, you need to set up a Facebook Business Manager that's connected to both your business's Facebook Page and an ad account that has an admin role for the Business Manager.
If your store is paused or inactive but has an online store, then your customers can't checkout but you can install and set up the Facebook channel.
On this page
Requirements and eligibility
Before you install the Facebook channel you need to make sure your store meets these requirements.
- To install the Facebook channel you need to have a Facebook account and an online store. If you do not have a Facebook account prior to installing the sales channel in your Pisell admin you will be prompted to sign up for one.
- Set up a Facebook Business Manager and your business's Facebook page. The Facebook page needs to be published.
- Every Facebook business page can be owned only by a single Facebook Business Manager but you can be an admin on multiple Facebook pages, and access them all using a single Facebook Business Manager. You need to be the admin of both the Facebook Business Manager that owns a specific Facebook page and the Facebook page itself to connect a business with the Facebook channel in Pisell.
- If you've never run ads with your personal ad account, then you need to create a new ad account inside Business Manager before you can create Facebook ad campaigns.
Getting started with the Facebook channel
If you meet the eligibility requirements, then you can set up the Facebook channel.
There are three features that you can use to help you grow your business using the Facebook channel:
- Facebook Shop
- Sell on your business's Facebook Page.
- Instagram Shopping
- Store's that are based in the US can let their customer's checkout on Instagram.
- Facebook Marketing
- Set up Facebook Marketing.
- Create a Facebook pixel using the current Facebook channel.
- Add a Facebook pixel to your Facebook channel.
- Choose Facebook's customer data-sharing level.
- Learn about tracking customers using the Facebook Conversions API.
Setting up the Facebook channel
Before you can start selling on Facebook or create Facebook ad campaigns in Pisell, you need to set up Pisell's Facebook channel.
The Facebook channel has one product catalog for Facebook Marketing, Instagram Shopping, and Facebook shop. All products in your catalog are available to all three features. If you make a product unavailable, then the product is removed from all three features.
If you install the Facebook channel and connect any associated accounts, then disconnecting any of those accounts can result in disconnecting all active Facebook features.
On this page
To use the Facebook channel your store needs to be on the Basic Pisell plan or higher. Before you can start using the Facebook channel, you need to set up a Facebook Business Manager that's connected to both your business's Facebook Page and an ad account that has an admin role for the Business Manager.
If you have a personal ad account, then you need to connect it to a Business Manager. If you've never run ads with your personal ad account, then you need to create a new ad account inside Business Manager before you can create Facebook ad campaigns. Learn more about Business Manager and ad accounts from the Facebook Ads Help Center.
If you don't have a Business Manager, then you can set one up when you're setting up the Facebook channel.
Facebook Page settings
The following requirements need to be met on Facebook before you can connect your Facebook Page:
- Your Facebook account needs to have an admin role on the Page.
- The Facebook page needs to be published.
- You can be an admin on multiple Facebook pages, and access them all using a single Facebook Business Manager. However, every Facebook business page can only be owned by a single Facebook Business Manager. You need to be the admin of both the Facebook Business Manager that owns a specific Facebook page and the Facebook page itself to connect it with the Facebook channel in Pisell.
Learn how to create a Facebook Page for your business at the Facebook help center.
You also need to sell by using a Pisell online store, and your store can't be password protected. Learn how to remove your online store password.
To install the Facebook channel you need to have a Facebook account and an online store. If you don't have a Facebook account when you install the Facebook channel in your Pisell admin, then you'll be prompted to sign up for one.
You might need to change your store's settings before you can add a sales channel because of specific eligibility requirements.
If your store isn't eligible for a sales channel, then the channel appears as Unavailable in your Pisell admin. Click You can't add this channel to see why your store isn't eligible.
Install and set up the Facebook channel
- From your Pisell admin, click + next to SALES CHANNELS.
- Click + next to Facebook, and then click Update sales channel to install the Facebook channel.
- Click Start set up on the feature that you want to install first.
- Click Connect account.
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Connect the Facebook assets that are required to set up the features that you want.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Click Finish setup.
After you set up a feature on the Facebook channel, the Facebook assets that you connect are already completed for the set up of additional features. Some additional assets, such as an Ad Account for Facebook Marketing, might be required to complete the set up of certain features.
For more details on setting up Facebook channel features, refer to:
- Facebook Shop
- Marketing with the Facebook channel
- Facebook's customer data-sharing levels.
Adding staff to the Facebook channel
If staff set up the channel in their Pisell admin, then the Facebook channel is displayed to all other staff but it won't appear as connected.
If staff need to use the Facebook channel, then they need to connect to the Facebook channel in their Pisell admin, using their own Facebook account. The staff's Facebook account must have admin permission on the Business Manager and Facebook page associated with the Pisell store to be able to successfully connect to the Facebook channel.
Authorizing the Facebook channel for your Facebook account
When you set up the Facebook channel, you give Pisell permission to access a Facebook Page for your business, as well as a Facebook ad account and Business Manager. The Facebook Page connects to your personal Facebook account, but Pisell uses your personal Facebook account information only to access the Facebook Page, Ads Manager account, and Facebook Business Manager.
If your Facebook account has an administrator or editor role on a Facebook page, then you can post, comment, and message as the page without customers seeing personal information. Learn more about Facebook Page roles.
Understanding roles and permissions on Facebook
On Facebook, you need an admin role for a Page and Business Manager before you can access all of Facebook's settings and make certain changes. Pages and Business Managers have separate account permissions, which means that you need admin roles for each one. The Business Manager that you select in the Facebook channel must be the owner of the Facebook page during onboarding. If the Facebook Page is owned by a different Business Manager, then the Facebook Page isn't listed as an option to connect. If you can't connect a desired Facebook Page, then check that the Facebook Business Manager you are connecting owns the Facebook page, or try connecting a different Business Manager.
You can find an overview of Facebook roles and permissions and links to more resources on the Facebook Help Center.
Verifying your domain with the Facebook channel
When you set up the Facebook channel, you need to verify to Facebook that you own the domain that you use for your online store. Verifying your domain lets you control and manage how and where links to your domain are used, and can help get your store approved by Facebook faster.
After verifying your domain in the Facebook channel, you can assign editing permissions for ads to specific Facebook Pages that are associated with your Facebook Business Manager. Facebook Pages that don't have editing permissions can't make changes to your ads.
You can verify your domain during the set up of Facebook Shop, Instagram Shopping, and Facebook Marketing. You can also change your settings at any time in the Facebook channel settings.
For more information on domain verification, refer to About Domain Verification in Business Manager on the Facebook Business Manager Help Center.
On this page
For a domain to be successfully verified, it must be either a purchased top-level domain, or your
If you have purchased a domain, then the root domain is the domain that you need to use for verification. For example, to verify his clothing store, John would use
johns-apparel.comto verify his domain with his Facebook Business Manager.
If you want to use your
Piselldomain for verification, then you need to include the prefix for your domain. For example, John wants to use his
Piselldomain for verification, so in his Facebook Business Manager John enters
.comto be verified.
To verify a subdomain of a top-level domain, the root domain must be on the Public Suffix List. For example,
.comcan be verified because
.comis on the Public Suffix List.
When you verify your domain in the Facebook channel, you might get a verification error. Refer to the error messages below to learn how to troubleshoot them:
Domain cannot be verified because it is already claimed by another Business Manager
If you want to use a different Facebook Business Manager than one that already uses your domain, then you need to first delete the domain from that Facebook Business Manager before you claim it with the Business Manager you want to use.
If you don't control the other Facebook Business Manager that has claimed your domain, then you have to contact Facebook support to resolve the issue.
Domain is not a verifiable domain
If your domain is not a verifiable domain, then you need to check that you are submitting the correct domain. Refer to verifiable domains to check that your domain follows the required details for verification.
Publishing products on the Facebook channel
After you set up the Facebook channel your Pisell products will start syncing to Facebook. You can select the products that you want to make available to the channel on the Product page, or by using the bulk editor in the Facebook channel.
When you make a product available to the Facebook channel, it's be available to all of the features that you have set up in the Facebook channel. Because all of the Facebook channel's features share the same product catalog, it's not possible to make a product available to only one feature of the Facebook channel if you have multiple features set up. For example, if you have both Facebook Shop and Instagram Shopping set up in the Facebook channel, and you make a product available to the Facebook channel, then the product is available on both Facebook Shop and Instagram Shopping.
Collections in Pisell don't sync to Facebook. You can create collections for Facebook using your available products in your Facebook Commerce Manager.
On this page
If you want a product to be available on Facebook, then the product must meet a few requirements:
- it needs to be available to Facebook
- it needs to require shipping, so it can't be a digital product
- it needs to have a return policy
- it needs to have a product title that is less than 100 characters and not in all caps
- it needs to have a product description
- it needs to have a product image
- it needs to be eligible according to Facebook's Commerce Policy and can't be in violation of Facebook's Community Standards
- it can't be free.
Make your products available to the Facebook channel
To view the products that are available to the Facebook channel, in your Pisell admin click Facebook > Overview > View products.
- If you don't have any products in your store, then click Add product to add products to your store. If you have products in your store but they aren't available to Facebook Shop, then click Make products available to go to the Products page in your Pisell admin.
- Click the name of the product that you want to to make available to the Facebook channel.
- In the Product availability section of the product details page, click Manage.
- In the Manage sales channels availability dialog, check Facebook, and then click Done.
- Click Save.
Facebook formats product images to fit into a square. If your product images are portrait or landscape, then they are cropped on Facebook. You can crop your images into squares if you want to be sure that they display on Facebook properly.
Facebook product status
The Product status section of the Overview page shows the status of products available on the Facebook channel, and indicates if there are any errors. For a list of errors, click View products. Use the information listed in the Issues column to fix any problems with a product.
Hide products from the Facebook channel
- From your Pisell admin, go to Products > Collections.
- Click the name of the product that you want to hide from Facebook.
- On the Product availability section of the product details page, click Manage.
- In the Manage sales channels availability dialog, uncheck Facebook, and then click Done.
- Click Save.
Change product details
Changes to product details in Pisell are automatically synced to Facebook. You can change how a product's image, title, or price is displayed on Facebook by editing the product in Pisell. You will see your changes appear on Facebook after your products sync, which usually takes a few minutes.
View the products shared with Facebook
For a list of the products available to Facebook, as well as any product errors, go to the Product status section of the Facebook channel in your Pisell admin.
- From your Pisell admin, go to Facebook.
- If there are errors in the Product status section, then click the product for information on the error.
- Optional: Click View all products to display all of the products that are available in the Facebook channel to edit their availability, Google Product Category, and Condition.
Checkout methods for the Facebook channel
If you have the Facebook channel installed in your store, then you can choose to have customers check out on your Pisell store or directly on Facebook and Instagram using Checkout on Instagram. To learn if you are eligible for Checkout on Facebook and Instagram, refer to the Requirements for selling with Checkout on Instagram. To learn how to set up Checkout on Instagram, refer to Setting up Checkout on Instagram.
Switching between checkout methods affects how customers check out on Facebook and Instagram. Each checkout method has unique features which are outlined on this page to help you decide which checkout method is best for your store.
On this page
Check out on Facebook or Instagram
Review the following considerations for having your customers check out directly on Facebook and Instagram:
- If a customer is shopping on your store's Facebook page or Instagram account, then they can select Buy now to purchase products directly on Facebook or Instagram.
- The customer's payment and shipping details are saved securely for future purchases.
- Instagram users can tag your products in their own posts, which lets other customers purchase the product directly from those posts.
- Facebook and Instagram can send push notifications, countdowns, and product stickers to help drive sales of your next product release.
- Facebook and Instagram can enable ad retargeting at all points of your customer's journey.
- Facebook charges a selling fee of 5% per shipment, or a flat fee of $0.40 USD for shipments of $8 USD or less. Learn more about Facebook's selling fees.
- There are no Pisell transaction fees associated with this checkout method.
Facebook is not charging selling fees until June 30, 2022.
- If you want to sell directly on Facebook and Instagram, then you need to comply with Facebook's Commerce eligibility requirements. This includes requirements such as a minimum return window of 30 days.
- Carrier-calculated shipping rates aren't available when customers check out on Facebook or Instagram.
- Discounts can't be applied to sales made through checking out on Facebook or Instagram.
- Subscriptions are unavailable when a customer checks out on Facebook or Instagram.
- The only customer information that you receive from the order is the customer’s name, email address, and shipping address. Customer email addresses collected through checking out on Facebook and Instagram can only be used for marketing purposes if the customer opts in.
Check out from your Pisell store
Review the following considerations for having your customers check out from your Pisell store:
- If a customer is shopping on your store's Facebook page or Instagram account, then they can select View on website to be redirected to your Pisell store where they can complete their purchase.
- You can customize your customer's online store checkout experience. These customizations include allowing discounts and subscriptions, custom branding and messaging, and preorder options.
- You can use enhanced shipping options, such as flat shipping rates and carrier calculated shipping rates.
- There are lower selling fees. Selling fees are based on your Pisell store's plan.
- Customers shopping directly from your online store means that your store gets more traffic, and can lead to larger purchases.