Set up the Google channel to sync your products
You can install the Google channel from the Pisell App Store. Learn how to install an app.
After you install the Google channel, you need to connect your Google account and Google Merchant Center account so that you can sync your Pisell products with Google.
Your store needs to meet a few requirements for the new Google channel to work. When you set up the Google channel, you can review the requirements to see if you need to make any changes to your online store or shipping settings.
- From your Pisell admin, go to Sales channels > Google, and click Add sales channel.
- Click Connect Google Account, and then select a Google account or create a new one. You need to allow Pisell to access your Google account information.
- Review the setup requirements for your online store, and make any required changes.
- Select or create a Merchant Center account:
- Select a Merchant Account from the drop-down list. The Merchant Center IDs listed are the ones associated with your Google account. To avoid approval delays, select the account that was connected to the old Google channel.
- If you don't have a Merchant Center account, then click Create new, and then complete the account creation process from Google Merchant Center.
A Google Merchant Center account needs to be associated with a verified domain that isn't associated with another account. When you connect a Google Merchant Center account to the Google channel, your Pisell store's domain is claimed automatically, unless it's associated with a different Google Merchant Center account. If your domain is associated with a different account, then you need to transfer the domain claim to the Google Merchant Center account that you connected to Pisell or connect the Google Merchant Center account that's associated with your domain.
- Click Select beside Target market to set up where you want to sell your products, and then select a target market and the language. Your store's currency settings determine the countries and regions available for you to target. The languages available are based on those supported by Google, and depend on your target market.
- If you're setting up for paid marketing on Google, click Select beside Shipping settings, and then click the dropdown to select automatic or manual configuration of shipping rates:
- Select Automatically import shipping settings to sync your shipping rates from Pisell, and then click Save. Learn more about syncing your shipping rates with Google Merchant Center.
- Select Manually set up shipping settings in Google Merchant Center to set up your shipping rates on Google Merchant Center, and then click Save.
- Optional: set your product title and description preferences for products synced with Google. Learn more about optimizing your product titles and descriptions for Google Shopping.
After you complete setup, products that are available to your online store automatically begin to sync with Google. For eligible stores, products synced to Google Merchant Center using Pisell's Google channel can appear on relevant Google surfaces for free.
Learn more about syncing your Pisell products with Google and product sync errors.
From the Overview page in the Google sales channel, you can view your product listing and marketing information:
- Product listings: All of the products that you have synced to the Google Merchant Center. Your approved products might be eligible to show for free across different Google surfaces such as, the Shopping tab, Google Search, Google Images, Google Maps, and Google Lens. Learn more about listing your products for free on Google.
- Marketing: Create or connect your Google ads account, and set up paid Google Smart Shopping Campaigns. Learn more about Google Smart Shopping Campaigns.
Optional: Connect your Google Ads account to the Google channel
If you want to create Google Smart Shopping campaigns in Pisell, then you can connect your Google Ads account to the Google channel while you're waiting for your products to sync. Learn more about Google Smart Shopping campaigns from Google Ads help.
If you already have a Google Ads account associated with the email address that you used to set up the Google channel, then add that account.
If you don't have a Google Ads account or you want to use a different account, then you can create a new account while setting up the Google channel. When you create a Google Ads account by using the Google channel in Pisell, you can qualify for a Google Ads credit toward your ad spend.
- From the Settings page in the Google channel, select or create a Google Ads account:
- If you already have a Google Ads account, then select it in the drop-down menu, and then click Connect.
- If you don't have a Google Ads account that you want to connect, then click Create new. Review the terms of service, and then click Accept Terms. You will receive an email from Google within 24 hours, and then you can accept the Google Ads access request.
- In the Google Ads account section, click View details next to Add billing information in your Google Ads Account settings.
- Make sure you've added billing information to your Google Ads account, then click I've added billing info.
Accept the Google Ads access request
If the email address that you used to set up the Google channel is associated with an existing Google Ads account, then you'll receive an access request confirmation email.
When you create your Google Ads account by using the Google channel, you receive an email to accept your Google Ads account. You need to accept the invitation in the email to confirm your email address.
After you've accepted the invitation, it might take a few minutes for the access request to be processed.
Adding your billing information to your Google Ads account
Make sure that your billing information is in your Google Ads account. For details on how to add your billing information, see Manage your payment methods in the Google Ads Help.
After you've added your billing information, confirm you have completed the task by clicking I've added billing details.
You can create a Google Shopping campaign without adding your billing information, but the campaign won't run until you add the information.
Conversion tracking for Google Ads with the Google channel
The Google channel automatically adds conversion tracking events to your Google Ads account when you set it up. If your store already has Google conversion tracking set up through edits to the theme code or through a third-party app, then the conversion tracking events might be duplicated and your report data will be inaccurate. You can disable duplicated conversion tracking events from your Google Ads account. Learn more about conversion settings from Google Ads Help.
Earn Google Ads credit
When you create a Google Ads account using the Google channel in Pisell, you can qualify for extra ad credits. When you start advertising with Smart Shopping Campaigns, you can earn ad credits of up to 150 USD within the first 30 days.
Within 5 days following the end of the promotional period, any credits that you earn are automatically applied to your Google Ads account. To learn more, refer to the Google Ads promotions terms and conditions.
You don't receive a notification when there aren't any credits remaining and any additional costs of advertising are billed to your account. If you don't want to continue advertising with Google Ads, then you can pause or delete your campaigns from your Google Ads account.
Getting help with Google Ads
Contact Google Ads Help to get help with the following topics:
- billing and invoicing for Google Ads
- policies, ad reviews, and campaign optimization
- setting up ad types that the Google channel doesn't support, such as video campaigns
- Google Merchant Center
- Google Analytics
You can check the approval status of an ad or fix a disapproved ad from Google Ads. Learn more about the Google ad approval process.
You can contact Pisell Support to get help setting up or using the Google channel.