When you add a product to your store, you can uncheck the shipping checkbox to indicate that you are selling a digital product or service instead of a physical product. If you're selling a digital product, then you'll also need to use an app to provide a download link to your product.
Customers in the EU need to pay VAT on digital goods at the rate applicable in their own country regardless of where the seller is located. Make sure that your tax settings are correct to sell digital products to customers in the EU.
On this page
Disable shipping for a digital product
If you're selling a digital download product or a service, then you need to disable shipping for that product.
- From your Pisell admin, go to Products > All products.
- From the Products page, select a product or create a product.
- In the Shipping section of the product page, uncheck This is a physical product.
- Click Save.
Configure email templates
After you have configured a digital product or service, you might want to customize your email templates so that customers will know what to expect with their order:
- When selling a digital download, most digital download apps will send an email with a download link to a customer.
- When selling a service, you'll need to describe in the email template how the service works to ensure that your customers understand what you provide.
For more information about email templates, see Set up your email templates.
What to do next
After you've created a digital product, you should place a test order to make sure it works.